|Recipe Name||Nigerian Stove top Bake Cake|
|Recipe By||Nky Lily Lete|
While the pot is heating up, beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl, until creamy; add the eggs and beat well; add the milk and flavor, also beat well and finally sift in the baking powder and flour. Combine all together and pour into the prepared baking pan.
2. Carefully, open the now hot pot and place your cake pan on the hot rack (or hot stones or hot sand).
Tip: You can cover the pot with a foil to prevent heat from escaping through the sides of the lid, but only do this when the cake has risen, so that it won't ruin the top of the cake( like mine below ''sob, sob ?'')
3. Now cover the pot again and leave the cake to bake well on high heat for about 10 minutes, then reduce to medium heat and let the cake continue baking for 30 to 50 minutes(depending on the size of the cake you are baking).
4. After 30 minutes open up the pot and check for doneness by dipping the center with a skewer. If the skewer comes out clean, then the cake is done baking, but if it comes out moist, let the cake bake a little longer and test with the skewer again, after 5 minutes.
Tip: if you covered with a foil, you can remove it at this stage, so that the top of the cake will brown a bit.
5. When the cake is done, take it out of the hot pot and leave to cool for 10 minutes before turning it over on a cake rack or plate.
Serve and Enjoy ?.
We love your comments, so feel free to ask questions and send us your feedback if you try out this method.
- If you plan to bake cake with sand or stones, fill the sand to one forth the height of the pot you are using and then heat up the pot.
|Country of Consumption||Nigeria|